Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ATH m50X treble
06-29-2014, 08:21 PM,
ATH m50X treble
Hi everyone. Im having some problems with the ath m50x, not with the headphones per say but with the treble. Its too harsh. The Highs are too bright. Initially i thought it might change over time but it doesnt seem to. Lot of people whom i gave the cans to try on had similar complain. Please help me out. Im using it with my phone and ipod. Tried with several devices like nexus 5, iphone 5, xperia z2 etc. But its still the same. I hope the cans are not faulty. Anyone with similar problem?
mUsIc kEePs mE aLiVeRolleyes
Ath M50X + Fiio X1
Bose IE2-2013
HK AE-2012
B&O a8-2010.
07-04-2014, 03:05 PM,
RE: ATH m50X treble
not even a single reply?
dead thread!
Ath M50X + Fiio X1
Bose IE2-2013
HK AE-2012
B&O a8-2010.
07-12-2014, 08:27 PM,
(07-04-2014, 03:05 PM)nnair Wrote: not even a single reply?
dead thread!
Well I am not really sure what is the problem here. Check the tracks and eq setting or tone setting on your phone.
Hello Dolly! Heart
07-13-2014, 12:17 PM,
[/quote]
Well I am not really sure what is the problem here. Check the tracks and eq setting or tone setting on your phone.
[/quote]
The highs are too bright. Especially if theres any hissing sound in the track. It becomes unbearable. I have to actually tone down the volume. Its considerably less with the ipod though. I think its because of my phone. Im thinking of buying an amp. Should i go for fiio e6 or e11?
Ath M50X + Fiio X1
Bose IE2-2013
HK AE-2012
B&O a8-2010.
07-21-2014, 09:49 AM,
[/quote]
The highs are too bright. Especially if theres any hissing sound in the track. It becomes unbearable. I have to actually tone down the volume. Its considerably less with the ipod though. I think its because of my phone. Im thinking of buying an amp. Should i go for fiio e6 or e11?
[/quote]

I dont recommend E6 for a high end product. Do you have a decent media player? Rule out that your music/player/headphone is not the weak link .... before you spend money on a dac.
Hello Dolly! Heart
07-21-2014, 01:05 PM,
[/quote]

I dont recommend E6 for a high end product. Do you have a decent media player? Rule out that your music/player/headphone is not the weak link .... before you spend money on a dac.
[/quote]

I am using it with ipod nano, so no apps. As i said its considerable less with the ipod than with the htc one. Im very much sure its not the music or headphone. Can you recommend some players for android? how much of a diff am i going to notice with the e11? isn't the e11 an old product?? anything else at the same budget?
Ath M50X + Fiio X1
Bose IE2-2013
HK AE-2012
B&O a8-2010.
07-29-2014, 10:32 AM,

[/quote]

I am using it with ipod nano, so no apps. As i said its considerable less with the ipod than with the htc one. Im very much sure its not the music or headphone. Can you recommend some players for android? how much of a diff am i going to notice with the e11? isn't the e11 an old product?? anything else at the same budget?
[/quote]

Nano would not be a good product to drive a headphone. There are lots of good player on android. I use Poweramp.
Hello Dolly! Heart