Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Horrible experience at Pro audio home.. and my personal views on ath m50x
06-16-2014, 06:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2014, 12:33 PM by nnair.)
Horrible experience at Pro audio home.. and my personal views on ath m50x
So, i have finally bought the much applauded and internet favorite and one of the best bang for buck headphones, the ath m50x. My wait for more than 3 months had finally come to an end. Before I get in to talking about the beast of a headphones that they are, I would like to talk about the place where I got them from, my whole experience and personal VIEWS, alas PRO AUDIO HOME, as the name suggests, one might think and believe, that for any audio enthusiast, visiting such a place would be like a haven, but that wasn't the case. To begin with, this place is so far from my place (andheri) and as mentioned in the address as PARSIK HILL, it is indeed on top of a hill(the place is beautiful though).People who live in western line or in the town will have one heck of a ride in Mumbai traffic to reach this place. After an hour and half's driving i reach at my destination, to my surprise the person (Mr. Sagar) who i had called and informed about my arrival was not available. So i stood outside a house waiting for him to arrive and after half and hour he does. At this point my excitement was quite high as i was desperately waiting to see this place, explore some products, take a few demos and get my hands on the ath m50. To my surprise, its no audio store its a HOUSE. Yes, a house. As the name suggests, pro audio HOME. I enter the house and by enter i mean standing at the door, see a room with couple of oems, iems, a couple of audio engines a2, a laptop, a computer and some fiio products. My excitement goes down the drain as i was actually expecting it to be a store with some audio professionals to whom i can talk upfront and get some info and knowledge about a few things which i had in mind. Still, my main purpose was to try the ath m50. I ask him to get them. At this point i am standing in front of a computer which is just adjacent to the door, to my shock Mr. Sagar tells me to stand out or near the door since it was a house and i had my shoes on. This was utterly insulting, i was humiliated in front my brother who then advice's me to walk out.
If i hadn't traveled so far and if it wasn't for the ath m50x, I would have surely given him a piece of my mind and would have stormed out of the place. First of all, the guy does not even ask me for a glass of water which he should, the term customer service did not even come close to his mind. He did not even acknowledge the fact that i had come so far in this desert climate, drenched in sweat but sure did insult. I remain silent and stand outside the house. He gets me the m50's, i wear them on, plug them into my phone (htc one), turn the music on and BANG, music literally comes to life. The sound is so detailed and so well balanced, you actually hear every drop of sound. At this point i have already decided on buying them, but there comes another shock. He then tells me that hes getting late and i need to hurry up. Seriously? I am spending 12k on a pair of headphones, have come so far and this is what he tells me? Now that he had tested my patience, i fast forward and listen to couple of deadmau5, Armin, A.R Rehman and a few classical songs, make the payment and
leave the place for good. Now that's a service which i may not forget for a long time.

Now about the headphones, well it has been 3 days since i am using it and buying it was the best decision i made in recent time. There were a lot of details that i could actually never hear from other, much expensive brands. I am no audiophile, but have sound knowledge of high end audio products. I have used couple of Bang and Olufsens, Bose, Harman Kardon and been to numerous audio exhibition for the matter of fact, but the m50's are poles apart from any i have used. It knocks them out in every single aspect. The closest that came to the m50 was the hk/cl. Still that wasn't enough. The m50 beats it down with a punch.
The audio is flat, detailed and well balanced. I found the treble to be on the harsher side so i tweaked the equalizer and was good to go. May not be the same for everyone. A lot of people complain about it not being bassy, I would like to point out that these headphones don't have to be, the purpose of these headphones are to be as flat as possible which does not mean there is no bass. There is ample amount of bass, just how much i need. As everyone knows, these are highly praised and used by engineers and audio professionals to monitor the sound. Hence the name monitoring headphones. I am very much happy, and more than satisfied and would recommend anyone who is looking out to buy quality Headphones which sound absolutely fantastic at this price point.
NO OFFENCE, as these are my personal views and experience but I highly regret traveling so far to PRO AUDIO HOME. What was the whole point of me traveling so far? for a demo? I would have rather gone directly to the distributor, demo the headphones and purchase it there or order it online. I personally wanted to try a few other stuff. Highly disappointed and would not recommend anyone to visit the place, rather purchase through the website. All in all, i am happy with my purchase. Hats off to audio technica.

06-20-2014, 11:08 AM,
RE: Horrible experience at Pro audio home.. and my personal views on ath m50x
(06-16-2014, 06:16 PM)nnair Wrote: So, i have finally bought the much applauded and internet favorite and one of the best bang for buck headphones, the ath m50x. My wait for more than 3 months had finally come to an end. Before I get in to talking about the beast of a headphones that they are, I would like to talk about the place where I got them from, my whole experience and personal VIEWS, alas PRO AUDIO HOME, as the name suggests, one might think and believe, that for any audio enthusiast, visiting such a place would be like a haven, but that wasn't the case. To begin with, this place is so far from my place (andheri) and as mentioned in the address as PARSIK HILL, it is indeed on top of a hill(the place is beautiful though).People who live in western line or in the town will have one heck of a ride in Mumbai traffic to reach this place. After an hour and half's driving i reach at my destination, to my surprise the person (Mr. Sagar) who i had called and informed about my arrival was not available. So i stood outside a house waiting for him to arrive and after half and hour he does. At this point my excitement was quite high as i was desperately waiting to see this place, explore some products, take a few demos and get my hands on the ath m50. To my surprise, its no audio store its a HOUSE. Yes, a house. As the name suggests, pro audio HOME. I enter the house and by enter i mean standing at the door, see a room with couple of oems, iems, a couple of audio engines a2, a laptop, a computer and some fiio products. My excitement goes down the drain as i was actually expecting it to be a store with some audio professionals to whom i can talk upfront and get some info and knowledge about a few things which i had in mind. Still, my main purpose was to try the ath m50. I ask him to get them. At this point i am standing in front of a computer which is just adjacent to the door, to my shock Mr. Sagar tells me to stand out or near the door since it was a house and i had my shoes on. This was utterly insulting, i was humiliated in front my brother who then advice's me to walk out.
If i hadn't traveled so far and if it wasn't for the ath m50x, I would have surely given him a piece of my mind and would have stormed out of the place. First of all, the guy does not even ask me for a glass of water which he should, the term customer service did not even come close to his mind. He did not even acknowledge the fact that i had come so far in this desert climate, drenched in sweat but sure did insult. I remain silent and stand outside the house. He gets me the m50's, i wear them on, plug them into my phone (htc one), turn the music on and BANG, music literally comes to life. The sound is so detailed and so well balanced, you actually hear every drop of sound. At this point i have already decided on buying them, but there comes another shock. He then tells me that hes getting late and i need to hurry up. Seriously? I am spending 12k on a pair of headphones, have come so far and this is what he tells me? Now that he had tested my patience, i fast forward and listen to couple of deadmau5, Armin, A.R Rehman and a few classical songs, make the payment and
leave the place for good. Now that's a service which i may not forget for a long time.

Now about the headphones, well it has been 3 days since i am using it and buying it was the best decision i made in recent time. There were a lot of details that i could actually never hear from other, much expensive brands. I am no audiophile, but have sound knowledge of high end audio products. I have used couple of Bang and Olufsens, Bose, Harman Kardon and been to numerous audio exhibition for the matter of fact, but the m50's are poles apart from any i have used. It knocks them out in every single aspect. The closest that came to the m50 was the hk/cl. Still that wasn't enough. The m50 beats it down with a punch.
The audio is flat, detailed and well balanced. I found the treble to be on the harsher side so i tweaked the equalizer and was good to go. May not be the same for everyone. A lot of people complain about it not being bassy, I would like to point out that these headphones don't have to be, the purpose of these headphones are to be as flat as possible which does not mean there is no bass. There is ample amount of bass, just how much i need. As everyone knows, these are highly praised and used by engineers and audio professionals to monitor the sound. Hence the name monitoring headphones. I am very much happy, and more than satisfied and would recommend anyone who is looking out to buy quality Headphones which sound absolutely fantastic at this price point.
NO OFFENCE, as these are my personal views and experience but I highly regret traveling so far to PRO AUDIO HOME. What was the whole point of me traveling so far? for a demo? I would have rather gone directly to the distributor, demo the headphones and purchase it there or order it online. I personally wanted to try a few other stuff. Highly disappointed and would not recommend anyone to visit the place, rather purchase through the website. All in all, i am happy with my purchase. Hats off to audio technica.

Hi Thanks for your update and views. I would like to clarify the following:

You have google maps with you? The office located accordingly. Why get upset about location? This is not a retail store. Just because you stay in Andheri we have to be located close to your house?

We are stockist and principal distributor. We do not have provisions for looking after customers.

Finally, if you have not realised, our Boss is admitted in the hospital and Sagar still made an attempt to receive you and give you a demo, as a matter of commitment. What an ungrateful person you are!

Next time you order from an online store try and visit them! On BTW, have you visited Flipkart or Snapdeal for demo? We sell our products at a lower price .... and you need to have all the provision of a retail store.

Great thanks for the update!
Hello Dolly! Heart
06-20-2014, 12:49 PM,
(06-20-2014, 11:08 AM)admin Wrote:
(06-16-2014, 06:16 PM)nnair Wrote:

Hi Thanks for your update and views. I would like to clarify the following:

You have google maps with you? The office located accordingly. Why get upset about location? This is not a retail store. Just because you stay in Andheri we have to be located close to your house?

We are stockist and principal distributor. We do not have provisions for looking after customers.

Finally, if you have not realised, our Boss is admitted in the hospital and Sagar still made an attempt to receive you and give you a demo, as a matter of commitment. What an ungrateful person you are!

Next time you order from an online store try and visit them! On BTW, have you visited Flipkart or Snapdeal for demo? We sell our products at a lower price .... and you need to have all the provision of a retail store.

Great thanks for the update!

Thank you admin for the reply. You had all the time in the world to defend PRO AUDIO HOME but did not care to talk about the way i was treated. Thats fine. And for your kind info these were my personal views, you didn't have to be so defensive and insensitive. In my views not once did i say that it was a retail store. And for the matter of fact it is far. Any which ways, you may be STOCKIST OR PRINCIPAL DISTRIBUTOR but that does not give you any rights to treat people like your doing some favor to them. I did not get the headphones for free, did i? Im a Customer/Consumer. Least you could do was realize how i was treated. Whos the UNGRATEFUL person here? YOU!
Btw i had taken a day off from my work, to visit pro audio home....

"Finally, if you have not realised, our Boss is admitted in the hospital???? "
HUH? what? How on earth am i supposed to know that? a dream?newspaper?
Sagar did not mention that on the phone. I did not force him to meet me. and above all, i did not drop in on a SUNDAY. It was a working day. If you are a STOCKIST OR PRINCIPAL DISTRIBUTOR you don't go around bashing people for your shortcomings. If you had any problems or issues, you should have mentioned that on the phone. I would have come some other day or if you didn't want me to come on the first place, i would have figured out something else. You dont just tell a customer to stand out or tell them to hurry up. Anyways i hope your boss recovers soon.

And dear admin, please don't talk about FLIPKART AND SNAPDEAL SERVICES. They do provide replacement guaranty. Do you have CASH ON DELIVERY? Can you pickup the products (FROM MY HOME) which i order and give a refund if im not satisfied by it? They did not ask me to drop in for a demo. If they do ill surely visit. And again, just because its cheaper than other online retail that does not mean you treat them as if you doing any favor. Id rather pay a bit extra and get a better service.
Once again, Thanks for the reply. It meant a lot. CHEERS!!
06-24-2014, 07:49 PM,
Sure next time get a demo from any online store and then get back to us. As far as refund is concerned, we do give refund. I am sure you would have not read about it on proaudiohome.com website.

Anyways enjoy the product, that is more important.

Oh btw, I bought 3 product from shopclues, they send me different product and that too damaged. There is no pick up. They have mentioned in reply that they have attempted pick up. I am yet to get a refund!

Try that with us. We will refund you a even after a long time!
Hello Dolly! Heart
06-24-2014, 08:04 PM,
(06-24-2014, 07:49 PM)admin Wrote: Sure next time get a demo from any online store and then get back to us. As far as refund is concerned, we do give refund. I am sure you would have not read about it on proaudiohome.com website.

Oh btw, I bought 3 product from shopclues, they send me different product and that too damaged. There is no pick up. They have mentioned in reply that they have attempted pick up. I am yet to get a refund!

I am enjoying my product. have a small issue though.TREBLE.im not liking it. will put a QUERY to one of the posts about burn in, do revert on that. As far as ordering from an e-commerce is concerned, i would suggest you to buy from flipkart. have bought ton of stuff with no issues. Even got my shoe replaced in a day.picked up and delivered.
06-28-2014, 07:15 PM,
(06-24-2014, 08:04 PM)nnair Wrote:
(06-24-2014, 07:49 PM)admin Wrote: Sure next time get a demo from any online store and then get back to us. As far as refund is concerned, we do give refund. I am sure you would have not read about it on proaudiohome.com website.

I am enjoying my product. have a small issue though.TREBLE.im not liking it. will put a QUERY to one of the posts about burn in, do revert on that. As far as ordering from an e-commerce is concerned, i would suggest you to buy from flipkart. have bought ton of stuff with no issues. Even got my shoe replaced in a day.picked up and delivered.

Thanks for your update. Flipkart has not payed us Rs 72,000 that is due to Pristine Note. We have stopped supplying products to them.

As far as Treble is concerned, looks like the problem could be at source. Open up a thread so that we can look into the issue.
Hello Dolly! Heart
10-23-2019, 07:45 PM,
There are over half a million applications present within the market but even then only a few of them manage to make it to the top and that is due to several reasons as to why businesses and their applications fail. One of them is because developers end up making their applications too complicated, making it harder for users to use them. They are unable to perform tasks or avail the applications services quickly, ending up being repelled away from it. Different  mobile app developers texas advise people to keep their applications as simple as possible. Another reason for such failures is due to underestimating resources; that leads to an application that is unable to attract more users due to its incompetent features. Do you think there are any other reasons as to why mobile applications fail?