Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burning in the Audio Technica ATH M50X's
06-25-2014, 01:11 PM,
RE: Burning in the Audio Technica ATH M50X's
(06-25-2014, 11:42 AM)alwayspete Wrote:
(06-24-2014, 08:19 PM)nnair Wrote:

Try some brown noise. That might soothe down the treble a bit. Which headphones do you use? Some headphones require 200-500 hrs of burn in. I'm not sure of that and I know it sounds ridiculous. But that's what I've read on the internet several places. I used orchestral music to perform my burn ins. Orchestral music must cover the whole spectrum nicely. You can try that as well. I found out that built in EQs on your phone or music player do not bring an appealing difference to the way your music sounds. Plus it's an itch to change the EQ settings for every song. Maybe a FiiO E6 might make a difference. I don't use an amp. So I can't give you a personal opinion. I'd say do some research on the internet before spending money on portable amps. You may not require them after you've done a proper burn in. Again your headphones, source device and music file bit-rate all adds to the equation for a good sound experience. Hope I've been of minor help.

Pete Smile
Hi pete. Thanks for the help. I recently bought an ath m50x. I have already done a lot of research on burn in. There is no solid evidence on the change in sound. For some it does and for others its the same. Ill try completing 100hrs of burn in and see if it changes anything. I'm using 320 bit rate files and music purchased off itunes for burn in. Source device is my phone(htc one). Ill try burning in with brown noise. I believe you have ath m50xbl?? Are you done with burning in? how long did you keep it playing at a time? and any significant change in sound?
Mr. Admin, any personal views or experiences regarding m50's?
mUsIc kEePs mE aLiVeRolleyes
Ath M50X + Fiio X1
Bose IE2-2013
HK AE-2012
B&O a8-2010.
06-25-2014, 04:40 PM,
(06-25-2014, 01:11 PM)nnair Wrote: Hi pete. Thanks for the help. I recently bought an ath m50x. I have already done a lot of research on burn in. There is no solid evidence on the change in sound. For some it does and for others its the same. Ill try completing 100hrs of burn in and see if it changes anything. I'm using 320 bit rate files and music purchased off itunes for burn in. Source device is my phone(htc one). Ill try burning in with brown noise. I believe you have ath m50xbl?? Are you done with burning in? how long did you keep it playing at a time? and any significant change in sound?
Mr. Admin, any personal views or experiences regarding m50's?

The treble's actually really good on the ATH M50xs. It's not too bright/sharp or dull. Just right for me. Yes there is no concrete evidence on burn in. There are just 2 schools of thought on the subject. Both of them aren't proven. So it's an open book and can go anyways. Different people have different experiences and opinions. Burn ins also differ from headphone to headphone. Some have no burn ins and others do and vary in duration. I'm not done with the burn in process. I just listen to orchestral music until the burn in process is complete (50+ hrs mark suggested by AT). I just play them continuously for 3-4 hrs (listening to the music). I'm closing in on the 40 hrs mark. Nothing significant yet to mention. I think these cans are ready right out of the box. This is AT's take on burn ins.

http://eu.audio-technica.com/en/support/...asp?id=239

Pete Smile
06-30-2014, 11:23 AM,
(06-25-2014, 04:40 PM)alwayspete Wrote:
(06-25-2014, 01:11 PM)nnair Wrote:

The treble's actually really good on the ATH M50xs. It's not too bright/sharp or dull. Just right for me. Yes there is no concrete evidence on burn in. There are just 2 schools of thought on the subject. Both of them aren't proven. So it's an open book and can go anyways. Different people have different experiences and opinions. Burn ins also differ from headphone to headphone. Some have no burn ins and others do and vary in duration. I'm not done with the burn in process. I just listen to orchestral music until the burn in process is complete (50+ hrs mark suggested by AT). I just play them continuously for 3-4 hrs (listening to the music). I'm closing in on the 40 hrs mark. Nothing significant yet to mention. I think these cans are ready right out of the box. This is AT's take on burn ins.

Pete Smile
Yeh. Thats what i said. Some like it, some don't. Im finding it too bright. I'm done completing 40hrs but nothing has changed yet. Anyways thanks for your comments and suggestions. Do let me know if there's any diff in sound after you've completed more than 100hrs of burn in.
mUsIc kEePs mE aLiVeRolleyes
Ath M50X + Fiio X1
Bose IE2-2013
HK AE-2012
B&O a8-2010.
06-30-2014, 05:30 PM,
(06-30-2014, 11:23 AM)nnair Wrote:
(06-25-2014, 04:40 PM)alwayspete Wrote:
(06-25-2014, 01:11 PM)nnair Wrote:

Pete Smile
Yeh. Thats what i said. Some like it, some don't. Im finding it too bright. I'm done completing 40hrs but nothing has changed yet. Anyways thanks for your comments and suggestions. Do let me know if there's any diff in sound after you've completed more than 100hrs of burn in.

Sure no problem will let you know if I hear or feel something different.

Pete Smile