Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hi
05-21-2014, 03:02 PM,
hi
hello frndz this is Farhan.
I need a headphone upto 5k.
i want the bass tight n punchy, sound should not b laidback i want forward sounding headphone. i like instrumental sound.
i hve shortlisted few models pls help me to get the best!
ath t500, ath m35, ath m30x, sennheiser hd449 and brainwavz hm3.
pls note i dont have an amp i use iphone 4s.
05-22-2014, 02:42 AM,
RE: hi
(05-21-2014, 03:02 PM)audiophilicfarhan Wrote: hello frndz this is Farhan.
I need a headphone upto 5k.
i want the bass tight n punchy, sound should not b laidback i want forward sounding headphone. i like instrumental sound.
i hve shortlisted few models pls help me to get the best!
ath t500, ath m35, ath m30x, sennheiser hd449 and brainwavz hm3.
pls note i dont have an amp i use iphone 4s.

I have tried the ATH-T500, M35 and M30x. M35 and M30 are warm sounding headphones. T500 is a forward sounding headphones, however the bass is not punchy. None of these earphones are going to suit your call. Have you thought of Grado SR60i or Alessandro MS1?
Hello Dolly! Heart
05-23-2014, 02:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-23-2014, 03:20 PM by audiophilicfarhan.)
As far as i know the sr60i is open back headphone and i m not sure that open headphones can be a forward sounding nd can be immersive.
Nd my budget can go max to 5.5k
Have u ever tried the monster jamz??
I mean i just want the sound signature like jamz!
I m even fine with inear or on the ear if it has jamz like sound signature.
Frankly speaking i m very much confused!!
By the way is the bass punchier and sound forward in t500 compared to hd202??
Nd how about brainwavz hm3??
Mean while i will check for grado sr60 and allesandro on net!

I just hope u r not taking me as a bass head.
my first priority is not bass i want balanced and forward sound.
regarding bass it shud be only in right amount, i mean the amount which is present in the track it shud not be overpowering and boomy.
05-25-2014, 12:53 AM,
(05-23-2014, 02:40 PM)audiophilicfarhan Wrote: As far as i know the sr60i is open back headphone and i m not sure that open headphones can be a forward sounding nd can be immersive.
Nd my budget can go max to 5.5k
Have u ever tried the monster jamz??
I mean i just want the sound signature like jamz!
I m even fine with inear or on the ear if it has jamz like sound signature.
Frankly speaking i m very much confused!!
By the way is the bass punchier and sound forward in t500 compared to hd202??
Nd how about brainwavz hm3??
Mean while i will check for grado sr60 and allesandro on net!

I just hope u r not taking me as a bass head.
my first priority is not bass i want balanced and forward sound.
regarding bass it shud be only in right amount, i mean the amount which is present in the track it shud not be overpowering and boomy.

Could you explain a bit forward sounding. Anyways if you are in Mumbai, you could audition both M35 and T500 from us. My recommendation would be M35.
Hello Dolly! Heart
05-25-2014, 01:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2014, 02:04 AM by audiophilicfarhan.)
According to me forward sounding means vocals and instruments sounds in front of u rather than as if it is coming from behind a blanket or something

I m not in mumbai i m from nagpur so its not possible
N e ways i know the m35 is good but the only thing which is stoping me to pic it is its impedence 65ohms nd do u think my iphone 4s can drive it??

I read some positive reviews about brainwavz hm3
The mids are forward and highs are in right amount nd lows are punchy but not overpowering according to the reviews.
But i hve not got chance to hear it
What do u say about it??

Thank you so much u r replying to my mostly confused queries
05-26-2014, 02:12 AM,
(05-25-2014, 01:48 AM)audiophilicfarhan Wrote: According to me forward sounding means vocals and instruments sounds in front of u rather than as if it is coming from behind a blanket or something

I m not in mumbai i m from nagpur so its not possible
N e ways i know the m35 is good but the only thing which is stoping me to pic it is its impedence 65ohms nd do u think my iphone 4s can drive it??

I read some positive reviews about brainwavz hm3
The mids are forward and highs are in right amount nd lows are punchy but not overpowering according to the reviews.
But i hve not got chance to hear it
What do u say about it??

Thank you so much u r replying to my mostly confused queries

We have sold few HM3 headphones, however we stopped it due to low demand for them. Our product manager has iPhone 4s, may be we can give you a feedback after we have tried and tested. All ATH are fairly easy to drive. However, like I have mentioned, I will audition them with the 4s and let you know.
Hello Dolly! Heart
05-26-2014, 11:18 AM,
Pls let me know how well it goes with 4s
Thanks alot in advance
05-27-2014, 04:05 PM,
U hve sold hm3 then u may know how it sounded? Can u pls describe me the sound of hm3?
06-05-2014, 12:15 AM,
(05-26-2014, 11:18 AM)audiophilicfarhan Wrote: Pls let me know how well it goes with 4s
Thanks alot in advance

Hi sorry for the late reply. M35 sounded alright with 4s with Max volume. I felt the volume was adequate with the 4s for my taste. I have never tried the HM3 because we didnt have any spare demo.
Hello Dolly! Heart
06-07-2014, 11:02 PM,
hello
its ok i was too busy for my moms operation.
and thanx for trying m35, as per you the volume was ok but what about the clarity does iphone was able to do justice to m35?

recently i tried sennheisers momentum which was way too high for my budget and hd439 i love the sound but in hd439 i found distortions at high volume, so i was wondering about hd449.
now i would love to go with the sound like hd 439 but no distortion at high volumes of course.
so i m considering hd449, ath t500 and ofcourse m35.
i know t500 is real good but the looks are not that appealing nd its bulky.