Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need suggestions for best possible Balanced IEM's under 1k
05-17-2013, 07:54 PM,
Need suggestions for best possible Balanced IEM's under 1k
Hi sir,
I got a nationite n2 from you last december. The firmware is buggy but it has a very good sq. Presently using soundmagic es18 but now I want to try out some other iem under 1k(lesser the better Wink ).

Requirements:
1. Built quality has to be good as I listen while commuting in public transport.
2. Clarity is must and bass has to to perfectly tight, deep and punchy(no extended or exaggerated bass please).

While surfing through proaudiohome found some 2 new audio technica models and cowon em1.

I know I'm asking for too much in 1k but can you suggest me something very good in my budget.

Thanks and regards
sandeep m.
05-17-2013, 10:16 PM,
RE: Need suggestions for best possible Balanced IEM's under 1k
(05-17-2013, 07:54 PM)sandynator Wrote: Hi sir,
I got a nationite n2 from you last december. The firmware is buggy but it has a very good sq. Presently using soundmagic es18 but now I want to try out some other iem under 1k(lesser the better Wink ).

Requirements:
1. Built quality has to be good as I listen while commuting in public transport.
2. Clarity is must and bass has to to perfectly tight, deep and punchy(no extended or exaggerated bass please).

While surfing through proaudiohome found some 2 new audio technica models and cowon em1.

I know I'm asking for too much in 1k but can you suggest me something very good in my budget.

Thanks and regards
sandeep m.

I am sorry to hear about your N2. I have replied to your PM. Would it be possible for you visit us at our store, so that you could try out couple of earphones sub 1K. The budget get really tight at this price point, you could try out the Sound Magic PL series.
Hello Dolly! Heart
05-18-2013, 01:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2013, 07:56 PM by sandynator.)
Thanks sir, I would love to visit your megastore soon but on weekends. Will let you know.

My soundmagic es18 is working fine and its performance as per many audiophiles from diff. Forums is quite close to much popular e10. I want to try some different sound signature.

Can you give your opinion on following audio technica iems. There are no reviews online Sad.
1.ATH - COR150
2.ATH - CLR 100

or should I opt for cowon em1?

Update:
Can you please confirm if the size of driver unit makes any difference to sound reproduction.
Sound Magic ES18 & Cowon EM1 has 10 mm driver diameter while these Audio technica IEM's have 8.5 mm.
05-22-2013, 04:43 PM,
Finally booked soundmagic pl30 @1190 inr. This will be my first over the ear type iem. I hope it fits well into my ear canals to get the perfect isolation and come out to be as per my liking/taste.

The pricing was very attractive, could not resist it.
1486.80 less 20% discount.

Everywhere else its retailing around 2k+.
05-24-2013, 08:33 PM,
(05-22-2013, 04:43 PM)sandynator Wrote: Finally booked soundmagic pl30 @1190 inr. This will be my first over the ear type iem. I hope it fits well into my ear canals to get the perfect isolation and come out to be as per my liking/taste.

The pricing was very attractive, could not resist it.
1486.80 less 20% discount.

Everywhere else its retailing around 2k+.

Thanks for your update. PL-30 are very capable earphones. We have been offering special prices for these and most others. You would not go wrong with them.
Hello Dolly! Heart
05-26-2013, 04:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013, 05:16 PM by sandynator.)
Almost 2 hrs on SoundMAGIC PL-30 & it sounded sweet out of the box. Actually first hour almost went in adjusting & finding the perfect tips for it. Bass is clean & tight but felt like its lacking in depth. Vocals especially females & highs felt slightly harsh but I'm sure it will settle after a proper burn-in. 50 hrs of burn-in can really add more magic to them.Tongue

Sir, I need some advice on Foam tips. Will it improve the isolation & bass response compared to silicon tips? If yes what tips should I look out for?

Well, SoundMAGIC's packaging was a bit of disappointment Sad for me as they provide a PU leather string pouch instead of a semi hard carrying case in new box pack. The foam tips are also of poor quality & they slip out very easily.

Finally the proaudiohome/Pristinenote's service was excellent as always...Smile

Thanks & Regards
Sandeep M.
05-30-2013, 03:38 PM,
Sir can I get bi-flange & tri-flange tips for soundmagic pl30? Isolation is poor so I desperately need these tips.
Regards
Sandeep
06-13-2013, 03:38 PM,
Dear Sandeep,

I believe you have already mailed as regarding the same . Have replied to you by email Smile.
06-14-2013, 12:56 AM,
yes brother, thanks
you are such a gr8 help
Quite busy this weekend and next first half of week. Will update you soon.