Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Review on Signature Acoustics C-12 IEM
03-04-2013, 09:07 AM,
My Review on Signature Acoustics C-12 IEM
MY REVIEW ON SIGNATURE ACOUSTICS C-12 IEM:

Hey guys it’s been a while since I started using in ear monitors again ,since i usually prefer circum-aural headphones for home use, so, I got this in January so it’s about time I give my take on our own Indian home brand signature acoustics C-12 IEM

Signature acoustics is a in-home brand of PRISTINE NOTE audio store based out of Navi Mumbai. Their known for great service to their customers as well one of the few stores that allow you to audition (almost impossible to find) the audio gear before buying
(which is a great blessing for high end buyers)

PICS & PRESENTATION:

The box package contains the iem along with a brass metal casing for storage
Accessories include 3 pairs of extra ear tips along with a pair of filters and a shirt clip

[Image: DSC00481_zps15158163.jpg]

[Image: DSC00448_zps245e38ee.jpg]

[Image: DSC00473_zps65f6ded2.jpg]

[Image: DSC00468_zpsc53b903a.jpg]

MUSIC BACKGROUND:

1) I like a balanced sound with a good amount of bass (not excessive)

2) I need a good soundstage to feel immersed in the sound

3) I need a deep level of sound depth along with great detail in tonality and instrument separation

4) The genres I usually listen to are pop, hip-hop, reggae, classical, instrumental, and electronic (not a metal fan)

OFFICIAL SPECIFICATION:

MODEL : Elements C-12
Driver : 8 mm (CCAW)
Impedance : 18 Ohms @ 1 KHz
Frequency : 17 to 20 KHz
Sensitivity : 102 dB
Total length : 1.2 mts (split length 28 cms)
Channel Balance : < 2.5% dB @ 1 KHz

DESIGN& BUILD QUALITY:

The earphone drivers are enclosed in a wooden housing with the SA logo engraved on it. The cable is braided and has a 3.5mm gold plated 45 degree connector for better strain relief(this is immensely helpful for laptop owners who have the audio jack at the left or right side since its avoids bending the wire ,in any case its better than straight connectors).Overall the build quality seems quite durable. The earphone fit is comfortable and one can listen for a few hrs to music or movies at a stretch.

ISOLATION & LEAKAGE:

The earphones provide pretty good isolation at a volume level of around 15-20 (30 being the max) on my Sony walkman mp3 player (not an apple fan).
The leakage is zero at low to medium high volumes, and almost negligible at high volumes.
Overall I can give it a rating of 4 out of 5.

SOUND:

Here ive used 320bit mp3, flac, wav formats for testing
My background for the review of these earphones are audio technica m20 ,audio technica m35,sound magic pl 30,meelectronics m9,audio technica ad700 and Bose ie2.

1) Burn-in: I’ve completed about a 150hrs of listening to music on this earphone, and don’t find much difference in the overall sound quality after burn in.

2) Bass: The bass is just simply beautiful. It’s not fast paced but it’s controlled with good depth and deep impact.

3) Tonality, Texture, and Clarity:
The tonality is simply amazing with bright highs and warm mids. The texture of sound is quite balanced and has a lot of warmth to it, in addition to great vocal clarity with great detail . Bass lines sound very clear which is something available in the higher end earphones series

4) Soundstage and Imaging:
For people who don’t know what soundstage is, here is a short description:
Sound stage is the recreation of the recording of a musical event in the x, y, and z axis. (w, d, h) be it in mono/stereo. The x axis is the easiest to reproduce, the z hardest. In large home systems you are really entering deeply into diminishing returns to get that height.
Imaging is what’s placed within the sound stage. Here you should be able to pick up the individual characteristics of the said instrument; its size in relation to the others in the sound stage i.e. a piano should sound much larger than a violin etc.

The c-12 has a awesome soundstage along with great imaging to go with it. Although an amp isn’t required, the earphones do benefit from a decent soundcard. I’ve tested and found that the sound with an onboard asus xonar soundcard sounded much better than my crappy realtek laptop soundcard.

CONCLUSION:
Comparing these to some of the sub 6k headphones I’ve listened to including sennheiser, soundmagic, brainwavz and especially BOSE IE2(ABSOLUTE CRAP FOR ITS PRICE) these earphones are a absolute gem for its price(it retails for 2.7k). Nowadays it’s hard to find a excellent pair of earphones with a good price to performance ratio without complaining about it.

For those of you who can audition it, TRY IT OUT AND GET IT, you won’t regret it
(NO MARKETING INTENDED)

PS: This is my first review and an entirely personal opinion, so please feel free to offer any suggestions and constructive criticisms so I can give better future reviews
03-07-2013, 12:24 AM,
RE: My Review on Signature Acoustics C-12 IEM
Thank you. It is wonderful to get reviews from our customers who give us unbiased opinion. We are glad that you liked them. I used them now for my personal listening too. I find them very good, for the not fatiguing sound, details, bass and good mid-range. Since I am also part of the team who was involved in development. I do not wish to add my opinion, so as to leave the review unbiased!

Your attempt on the pictures are nice! The lacquer of the brass box is very difficult to capture on a camera, however you have done it.

As far as overall review goes. My impressions are similar to yours. My choice of music includes, Country, Pop, Classic Rock.
You seem to be a seasoned music lover. Nice review for the fact that this is your first one. Smile
Hello Dolly! Heart
05-18-2013, 12:07 PM,
Nice review HOTSHOTECHO.
I really wanted to write a review, but exams and project submissions came in the way. Anyway, I'll give my opinion on the C-12s here. My previous IEMs are Creative EP-630, SoundMagic PL21 and Brainwavz M2.

Build Quality: Really good quality, light weight, thick braided cable, low memory effect and tough jack. Jack in M2 was at a very awkward angle.

Accessories: The brass tin is very Indian. But it is rather heavy and the thread pitch is too low. Annoying to close while traveling. Brainwavz gave even worse soft case with cheap and unzippable zips. Extra medium size buds and the filters are a good addition. SA has really thought this through!

Wood: It should be mentioned in the box what kind of wood is used and how it has been treated. I do love it though. Due to low weight, they don't put a lot of strain on the ear, unlike M2s. Please make the next versions with dark wood if possible. These are too light colored for my taste. C-12 wins!

Buds: Good quality and soft buds. They don't itch like my other IEMs. I didn't have to use foam tips here. Win for the C-12s!

Sound: I do like the sound in this. Very close to Brainwavz M2. Since I'm a bass lover, my vote goes for the tight and punchy bass in the M2s. C-12 has good bass. But it feels soft and poofy. Anyway, certain types of music (like those with lot of vocals and guitars) sound better in C-12s rather than M2. Also, amplification is not necessary. M2s needed amp since its impedance was too high. C-12s have low impedance and can run with relatively lower output. No idea about how they sound with sound cards though.

Price: For me, as a student, price is a determining factor while buying something. Hence, C-12s win!

Attention to detail has been given at every step. As an Indian brand, I was SERIOUSLY surprised that it sounded better (to me) than my friend's Sennheiser cx300. I will pray for huge success for Signature Acoustics. Please keep giving us great products! A sub 10k wooden circumaural headphones will be greatly appreciated! Big Grin
05-24-2013, 08:26 PM,
(05-18-2013, 12:07 PM)lpkvh08 Wrote: Nice review HOTSHOTECHO.
I really wanted to write a review, but exams and project submissions came in the way. Anyway, I'll give my opinion on the C-12s here. My previous IEMs are Creative EP-630, SoundMagic PL21 and Brainwavz M2.

Build Quality: Really good quality, light weight, thick braided cable, low memory effect and tough jack. Jack in M2 was at a very awkward angle.

Accessories: The brass tin is very Indian. But it is rather heavy and the thread pitch is too low. Annoying to close while traveling. Brainwavz gave even worse soft case with cheap and unzippable zips. Extra medium size buds and the filters are a good addition. SA has really thought this through!

Wood: It should be mentioned in the box what kind of wood is used and how it has been treated. I do love it though. Due to low weight, they don't put a lot of strain on the ear, unlike M2s. Please make the next versions with dark wood if possible. These are too light colored for my taste. C-12 wins!

Buds: Good quality and soft buds. They don't itch like my other IEMs. I didn't have to use foam tips here. Win for the C-12s!

Sound: I do like the sound in this. Very close to Brainwavz M2. Since I'm a bass lover, my vote goes for the tight and punchy bass in the M2s. C-12 has good bass. But it feels soft and poofy. Anyway, certain types of music (like those with lot of vocals and guitars) sound better in C-12s rather than M2. Also, amplification is not necessary. M2s needed amp since its impedance was too high. C-12s have low impedance and can run with relatively lower output. No idea about how they sound with sound cards though.

Price: For me, as a student, price is a determining factor while buying something. Hence, C-12s win!

Attention to detail has been given at every step. As an Indian brand, I was SERIOUSLY surprised that it sounded better (to me) than my friend's Sennheiser cx300. I will pray for huge success for Signature Acoustics. Please keep giving us great products! A sub 10k wooden circumaural headphones will be greatly appreciated! Big Grin

Thanks I did read your reply on TE. As far as your other suggestion is concerned, we have already commenced our work on these about 3 months back. We will update you of our work on a PM either on this forum or TE.
Hello Dolly! Heart
08-03-2013, 06:13 PM,
Hi guys! Just got my new signature acoustics c12 iems. Thought I could add a review here.

Transport took 7days and i think that is an average transit time considering I live in a corner in Andhra Pradesh.

The packaging says "net wt: 0.5 kg" and I wonder what probably could be that heavy in it. I should say, the packing is nice with all the bubble wrap and foam. There is a big brass case inside which has caused the package to become so heavy, it is practically the only weight inside. The earphones are really light. Three sizes of buds, a clip and two pairs of filters are included.

The wooden earphones look beautiful and the braided wire feels like it can take some good amount of rough use. The 3.5mm jack is a 90degree one compared to the straight jacks I am used to.

The iems are comfy to wear, they dont feel heavy at all. That is a feature I like; it makes long listening sessions fatigueless. The soundstage is decent. The mids and lows are nice. The bass doesnt overdo the scene, as people say about these iems. They could have used some clarity in the highs though. I listen mostly to rock, soul and indie; I like to hear the cymbals clearly. Anyway I am really satisfied with the sound these iems produced.

Microphonics are not an issue with these, owing to the twisted arrangement of the cord. Wearing them around the ear will almost reduce them to zero I suppose.

The antique brass case is a real looker and contributes to the overall feel of the package. You have to go through a learning curve to be comfortable with the case. I had trouble closing the lid of the case the first time, but I think i'll get used to it slowly.

IMHO the overall package screams quality. I am not an iem guy, I have only used a creative ep630 for a few years and now I listen to sennheiser hd202 headphones and use altec lansing mx6021 for movies. But I can tell you, once you start using these iems you feel like you are using something worth double the price.

According to me, the pros are: (1)excellent build quality,
(2)brass case(people might be divided over this, but i love it), (3)great sound quality for the price and (4)less microphonics.
Cons: Sound could have been more open with better highs.

For a price of Rs. 2788, i think they are a great value for money. It is nice to see a quality "made in india" local product. Looking forward to more from this brand.
08-05-2013, 11:32 AM,
(08-03-2013, 06:13 PM)chakrilogin Wrote: Hi guys! Just got my new signature acoustics c12 iems. Thought I could add a review here.

Transport took 7days and i think that is an average transit time considering I live in a corner in Andhra Pradesh.

The packaging says "net wt: 0.5 kg" and I wonder what probably could be that heavy in it. I should say, the packing is nice with all the bubble wrap and foam. There is a big brass case inside which has caused the package to become so heavy, it is practically the only weight inside. The earphones are really light. Three sizes of buds, a clip and two pairs of filters are included.

The wooden earphones look beautiful and the braided wire feels like it can take some good amount of rough use. The 3.5mm jack is a 90degree one compared to the straight jacks I am used to.

The iems are comfy to wear, they dont feel heavy at all. That is a feature I like; it makes long listening sessions fatigueless. The soundstage is decent. The mids and lows are nice. The bass doesnt overdo the scene, as people say about these iems. They could have used some clarity in the highs though. I listen mostly to rock, soul and indie; I like to hear the cymbals clearly. Anyway I am really satisfied with the sound these iems produced.

Microphonics are not an issue with these, owing to the twisted arrangement of the cord. Wearing them around the ear will almost reduce them to zero I suppose.

The antique brass case is a real looker and contributes to the overall feel of the package. You have to go through a learning curve to be comfortable with the case. I had trouble closing the lid of the case the first time, but I think i'll get used to it slowly.

IMHO the overall package screams quality. I am not an iem guy, I have only used a creative ep630 for a few years and now I listen to sennheiser hd202 headphones and use altec lansing mx6021 for movies. But I can tell you, once you start using these iems you feel like you are using something worth double the price.

According to me, the pros are: (1)excellent build quality,
(2)brass case(people might be divided over this, but i love it), (3)great sound quality for the price and (4)less microphonics.
Cons: Sound could have been more open with better highs.

For a price of Rs. 2788, i think they are a great value for money. It is nice to see a quality "made in india" local product. Looking forward to more from this brand.

Welcome to Pristine Note forum. Thanks for your honest and updated review. The Signature Acoustics now comes with Genuine Hand Made Leather. They should be out soon. Smile
Hello Dolly! Heart
08-21-2013, 05:29 PM,
New hand made genuine leather pouches for C-12 are now ready . The C-12 will soon start shipping with leather cases and Brass antique case should be available optionally or as part of the limited edition .

Here some pictures of the new hand made genuine leather case with suede leather inside , they are available in multiple colours. The C-12 will start shipping with these beautiful leather cases in the coming few days.

Also we are excited about the International launch of C-12 as we have received some very positive feedback from the prominent Head-Fi reviewers. Head-fi reviews should be online in the coming weeks.

Also currently the C-12 is available for flat 300 off discount on www,proaudiohome.com using coupon code , C12SPECIAL .

[Image: 2aAV5jWl.jpg] [Image: dMiKx2nl.jpg]
[Image: rihxCo0l.jpg] [Image: 7Kl4h11l.jpg]