Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maverick D2
06-29-2012, 10:37 AM,
Maverick D2
When can we expect the Maverick D2 to be available in India?
06-30-2012, 07:52 PM,
RE: Maverick D2
We were doing the Maverick. Suddenly the sales went down. That is the reason why we temporarily stopped them. We do have some nice DAC like Audnist and FiiO you could check them from our website.
We also have the Essence One, which is quite a high end DAC and Headphone amp.
Hello Dolly! Heart
07-02-2012, 09:02 AM,
Thank you admin, for that prompt reply. However, the D2 is rather interesting from multiple viewpoints:
1. It has a tube preamp for the warm sound
2. It uses the AD1955 DAC, which has excellent specs.
3. It is relatively cheap for all the features offered: 4 x digital inputs, 1 x analog input etc. $249 is only possible because it is made in China!
4. There is scope for further improvement of sound with the GE tube upgrade.

I am really keen to buy one of these, so if there are any plans for re-opening the import channel, please do tell me. A direct import is a complicated option because of customs.

Thanks
Anil
07-02-2012, 12:45 PM,
Sure. We would start to import the Maverick once again. We will keep you updated on the same. You will have to give us 15 to 20 days for that. The reason is we want the INR to stablize vs USD, so that we can work out the prices. Thanks for your feedback.
Hello Dolly! Heart
07-03-2012, 09:35 AM,
Thank you. While on the subject, may I enquire if you are looking at marketing a matching media player to go along with the D2? A standard PC does not look like a good option because of the high power consumption, fan noise and so on. A dedicated media server that can take an external hard disk, would be nice - one could rip all the CD collection and save it in a lossless format. The Xtreamer is one such device, but there are lots of complaints against it. Do you have anything else (or in the pipeline) ?
07-03-2012, 11:25 PM,
We had a customer who walked in the other day, to show me such a device. It costed him somewhere around 12000, I went to his house to have a look. I unfortunately cannot recall the name of the product, I will figure out from this guy about the same and update on this thread. Smile
Hello Dolly! Heart