Forum Pristine Note

Full Version: Headphone Repair in Mumbai
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohms headphones.

The left ear is no longer working... probably something loose inside and has to be soldered again.

Where can I get them repaired in Mumbai?

I don't want to give it to some local shop because the headphones are really expensive and they might spoil it even more.

Thanks,
Tanmay
(11-05-2014, 04:28 PM)tanmaygovil Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

The left ear is no longer working... probably something loose inside and has to be soldered again.

I don't want to give it to some local shop because the headphones are really expensive and they might spoil it even more.

Thanks,
Tanmay

Hi Tanmay! Welcome to pristine note forums. Usually the cables are the ones to go early. You will need to make a continuity test for both the drivers and the cable. Removing the cans should not be difficult, usually the high end cans have holes for screws and most probably the earcups need to be removed before you could see them.

Once you have dismantled them, changing the cables should not be issue, if you are good with solder.

Which part of Mumbai do you stay?
Thanks for the info but I have 0 experience with soldering.

Could you suggest someone who can fix them for me?

I stay in Santa Cruz but anywhere in Mumbai is fine.

Thanks,
Tanmay
(11-14-2014, 10:52 PM)tanmaygovil Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info but I have 0 experience with soldering.

Thanks,
Tanmay

Let me have a look. can you msg me your email and contact details.
I can also help, I've repaired some of my in-ears before. Have all the tools necessary and soldering experience as well. (I don't work as electrician or anything, these tools are just my hobby stuff).

If you are able to figure out the exact segment of cable which is internally broken and if it's not the joint then that would be easiest to repair. Second scenario would be the joint at jack. In that case a new replacement jack would work. So that's also an easy process.

What I fear is the disconnect in the joint connecting the cable with your can. It can be repaired but might cause some permanent aesthetic problems. But at least the sound quality would remain intact.

For sake of experience I'd advise you to seek help of professional (admin here) first and if he's busy then I may help. I live near Airoli, Navi Mumbai.
Hi guys, I'm Moohnish Purswani and I put up in andheri west, mumbai.

I own athe dr.dre beats studio 2 and one side of the ear doesnt sound the same as the other, any suggestions as to where can i have it checked .

There has to be some fault with it,
(08-18-2015, 02:58 PM)moohnishpurswani Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, I'm Moohnish Purswani and I put up in andheri west, mumbai.

I own athe dr.dre beats studio 2 and one side of the ear doesnt sound the same as the other, any suggestions as to where can i have it checked .

Moohnish, sorry for my late reply. I missed your msg. A good way to get it checked would be the distributors themselves, as they may have spare drivers.
(11-05-2014, 04:28 PM)tanmaygovil Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks,
Tanmay

Hi friend,
We are Aurum Electronics, we have experience in repairing branded headphone like Philips, Dr. Dre , Beats etc. Please contact us on 8793625737 for further details. Thank you

Hi friend,
We are Aurum Electronics, we have experience in repairing branded headphone like Philips, Dr. Dre , Beats etc. Please contact us on 8793625737 for further details. Thank you

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

(09-10-2015, 10:29 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2015, 02:58 PM)moohnishpurswani Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, I'm Moohnish Purswani and I put up in andheri west, mumbai.

Moohnish, sorry for my late reply. I missed your msg. A good way to get it checked would be the distributors themselves, as they may have spare drivers.

Hi friend,

(11-15-2014, 08:00 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2014, 10:52 PM)tanmaygovil Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info but I have 0 experience with soldering.

Thanks,
Tanmay

Let me have a look. can you msg me your email and contact details.
Hi friend,