Forum Pristine Note

Full Version: Audio device?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got a new computer and it has Windows Vista on it. When I put my mouse over the little speaker on the bottom right of the desktop it says "no audio output device is installed" I have some speakers and I've tried plugging them into every hole on the back of the computer but it doesn't work. Does this mean I don't have a sound card or what? Can anyone tell me how to fix it?
It seems like you don't have audio drivers installed on your computer. Install the audio drivers first and check whether you can get any audio.
(04-07-2014, 12:33 PM)hadee41 Wrote: [ -> ]I just got a new computer and it has Windows Vista on it. When I put my mouse over the little speaker on the bottom right of the desktop it says "no audio output device is installed" I have some speakers and I've tried plugging them into every hole on the back of the computer but it doesn't work. Does this mean I don't have a sound card or what? Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

New computer with Vista seems to be a little doubtful. Check from the installation CD what Sound Card do you have in the PC.